I have only begun to research and assemble this history. I will list in bulleted form what I have learned so far as that keeps me organized as I collect information. Please check back occasionally as I add and finally write a narrative history. You can like the FaceBook page and then will get notifications when something is added or finished.
- Alexander Cowie died in 1921. He immigrated to America in 1905.
- Mary Donald, Alex’s wife died March,1954 in Quincy, Mass
- Jane Cowie, their daughter and our ancestral grandmother was born Feb.2,1903 in Scotland, immigrated to Barre,Vermont in 1913, became a citizen in 1915, as did the entire family at that time.
- 1920 Census http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&new=1&MSAV=0&msT=1&gss=angs-c&gsfn=alexander&gsln=cowie&mswpn__ftp=barre%2cvermont&uidh=6h1&mssng0=mary&pcat=CEN_1920&h=39100283&db=1920usfedcen&indiv=1&ml_rpos=2
- 1910 census shows Alexander as a boarder working as a stone cutter. http://interactive.ancestry.com/7884/4454877_00621/28980911?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3frank%3d1%26new%3d1%26MSAV%3d0%26msT%3d1%26gss%3dangs-c%26gsfn%3dalexander%26gsln%3dcowie%26msrpn__ftp%3dBarre%252c%2bWashington%252c%2bVermont%252c%2bUSA%26msrpn%3d5834%26msrpn_PInfo%3d8-%257c0%257c1652393%257c0%257c2%257c3242%257c48%257c0%257c3076%257c5834%257c0%257c%26msypn__ftp%3dbarre%252cvermont%26uidh%3d6h1%26mssng0%3dmary%26pcat%3d35%26h%3d28980911%26db%3d1910USCenIndex%26indiv%3d1%26ml_rpos%3d4&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnRecord
- You can see family photos on The Whittall Cowie Photo page.